Monday, February 28, 2011

UPDATED: Fingers Crossed!

After seeing True Grit, I was convinced that Hailee Steinfeld would be the PERFECT Katniss Everdeen in the forthcoming Hunger Games movie. And she is in the running against my beloved Kaya Scodelario, so take that as the bold statement I mean it to be.

In this MTV red carpet interview, Steinfeld coyly admits that she has met with director Gary Ross and that it is something they are "taking one day at a time."



Of course, none of this means anything and everything could change, but holy cows, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Hailee was Katniss?

UPDATE: The latest scuttlebutt is that the producers are in love with Jennifer Lawrence, which I am totally cool with. I loved her in Winter's Bone. People are saying she is too old, but, hello, this is the world that brought us Gabrielle Carteris, high school student.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes it would be awesome. Maybe Kaya can be one of the other girls in the movie that gets kilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! She would be a great Johanna Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Hailee as Katniss, FTW. Abigail Breslin is my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted her to be Katniss, although I'm happy with Jennifer Lawrence. The "Katniss is mixed race" drama that's going on would have been avoided if Hailee had been chosen, though, so the producers are probably kicking themselves right now.

    ReplyDelete