Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Can't Wait to Read: Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor


Ever since I finished Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke & Bone, I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the sequel, Days of Blood & Starlight, to the point where now, when it is coming out TODAY, I almost can’t believe that it is actually happening. I’m so excited to read it that I don’t even want to read a summary; I just want to go into it completely fresh. So in lieu of a summary here, I will present a brief story.

This year I went to NYC Comic Con. In addition to all the comics publishers, artists, writers, collectors, figurine-sellers, etc., several book publishers had tables set up. And on one, I spied, next to some copies of Daughter of Smoke & Bone, a pile of thin volumes with similar looking but slightly more fiery cover art. “Is that…the sequel?” I gasped.

“It’s a free preview of Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor,” the woman behind the table said. “Go ahead; take one.”

My hand crept out, but I stopped it. No, I told myself. And I turned around and walked away from temptation. Because I knew that if I took one of those free previews, I would only be hurting myself. I would reach the end of it, completely enthralled, and then would pass the next few weeks in torture, waiting for the book to come out so I could read the rest. And then when the book finally did come out, I would have already read the first few chapters and there would be that much less of the book still to read before I got to the end.

It was a superhuman struggle against temptation, friends, but I made it, and soon I shall claim my reward: the full Days of Blood & Starlight experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment