- YA Crush reviews the wonderful Melina Marcheta's The Piper's Son, which made me cry many times. As all of her books do.
- The Enchanted Inkpot has a wonderful gallery of fall YA Fantasy covers. Looking at it makes me feel like when you go into one of those all-accessory stores and everything is so shiny and you want to take it all home with you and recreate the display in your bedroom.
- Look at the amazing cover of the new Buffy Season 9 comic! (posted on LoveYALit.) So beautiful. Season 9 can't be any crazier than Season 8, right? Right?
- Aisha Tyler has a podcast! OK, this one isn't strictly YA-related, but I loved her when I was a YA (and still do) and she was hosting talk soup and The Fifth Wheel, so it counts.
- Rookie has this amazing guide to buying your first guitar. I got my first guitar from Sam Ash, and even though my dad was there I was so terrified that I would be seen as a dumb girl who didn't know anything that I just agreed with anything that he and the sales guy said. In actuality, I was only 14 and I'm sure the sales guy thought it was great that I was getting a guitar and never would have judged me about my lack of knowledge. But I would have felt much better if I had a guide like this to prepare me.
Friday, September 9, 2011
In Other Web News...
Here's some links to great things going on around the YA web.